In-house register gemologist and convenient gemological services for your gemstone identification.
Why have your gems identified?
* You may have inherited jewelry pieces and want to know what kind of gemstones are in the setting. Are the gems natural, created or artificially enhanced?
* You may have come across a good deal in an auction, estate sale or something of that kind. Are the gems natural? Enhanced? Created?
* It is always wise to know what you own, mainly because naturally formed gemstones hold their value.
Is there a cost for the service?
* Yes. Gemstone identification requires plenty of skills acquired through specialized training.
* Every type of gemstone has a distinctive set of physical and optical properties. Some optical properties are similar for different specimens, making it necessary to use several tests to identify a single gemstone. A gem identification is obtained by the analysis of the combined primary tests result.
How is it done?
* Gemological testing is done using optical instruments which do not affect your gemstones appearance.
* We have a space dedicated to gemological work. It is in this place we inspect and test every gemstone we use in our one-of-a-kind jewelry creations. And it is where we will be testing your loose gems as well as gemstones set in jewelry pieces.
* Testing is performed while you wait. The work will be completed in about 20min to half an hour. We appreciate your call setting an appointment before our gemological work request.
$45 single gemstone
$40 more than one gemstone
$50 single stone
$45 more than one gemstone