Self-Confidence Forged in Silver
We call our vermeil jewelry V+, and a new range of possibilities for your perfect look.
Just imagine 24K gold detail on our one-of-a-kind sterling silver jewelry designs. It is the magic of creativity expressed through the combination of two precious metals and natural gemstones!
Vermeil is micron Gold electrolysis, a method of depositing a layer of gold onto a conductive surface. The Sterling silver is immersed in an electrolyte solution with particles of gold which are deposited onto the surface of the sterling silver thanks to an electrical current.
Is it Durable?
Yes. The durability will highly depend on the care the wearer takes of his or her jewelry. The thickness of the gold layer, measured in micron, will dictate how long your jewelry’s gold deposit will last.
How We Do It
Our goal is for a long-lasting gold deposit on our jewelry so that you can have the finest quality piece. To do that we have invested in top of the line professional equipment and only use Midas heavy deposit 24kt gold solution that gives a 2.5-micron 24kt gold layer.
For the gold deposit on our sterling silver jewelry to maintain its beauty, it is necessary to isolate the two precious metals with a thin layer of nickel. Without this extra step, the copper oxide, within the sterling silver will migrate to the gold layer, affecting its appearance. To avoid any possible skin allergy to nickel, we add a layer of anti-allergic sealer over the gold deposit.
How to care
- Like any other jewelry, wear the jewelry after you have applied hair spray, perfume, or any other spray so that chemicals in the spray or perfume does not interact with your jewelry’s metal.
- Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, perfume and the like may react with jewelry and will cause it to tarnish easily. This also true with sweat, so make sure you don’t forget to remove your jewelry when you exercise or anything that would require heavy physical work, taking a shower, and when swimming.
- Clean your jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. Gently rubbing the surface of your jewelry using a soft jewelry cloth also helps restore shine.
- If your jewelry needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft brush. Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your jewelry tarnish more quickly.
- To avoid scratches, wrap your jewelry in a soft cloth after cleaning or keep it in a jewelry box.